The Friends of Loring Park is dedicated to the preservation and improvement of this historic 35-acre “central” park near downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota.
If you really want to see the Park visit us, but until then look at our slides here.
See what is on the Calendar and you can even print it out by clicking here.
(It will open on a page of its own.)
Since being established in 1997 the donors and volunteers have:
||Woman's Club Pier
Click on Photos to Enlarge
|View to the Woodland
- Installed over 600 bricks with personalized messages in the pathways of the Garden of Seasons.
- Provided over 80 benches throughout the park.
- Participated in the planting of over 120 trees for the 2000 Arbor Day celebration.
- Added about ten trees every year since 1997.
- Secured funds to help keep the trees disease-free (Dutch Elm, Austrian Pine scale, etc.)
- Recruited volunteers to cultivate the multitude of gardens and shoreline plantings
- Developed a strong sense of community for those who love Loring Park.
Friends of Loring Park collaborates with the Minneapolis Park & Recreation Board to help provide the public with a beautiful park that is environmentally and socially sound.
NEW this year, you have the option of donating online with your credit card, through razoo.com. It is easy, safe, and convenient. To donate today online, click here.
Friends is a 501 (c)(3) non profit organization
Web site development and maintenance donated by Bob White of The Greenhouse.